This week we’ve got a simple but delicious low carb paleo version of a classic chicken stir fry that works well on its own, is easy to customize with your choice of vegetables and also goes perfectly with a side of cauliflower rice or with a salad of fresh veggies. This is from PaleoDietPlusPlus.com…
Paleo Chicken Stir Fry from PaleoDietPlusPlus.com
Paleo chicken stir fry is a classic stir fry recipe and anything but ordinary. The coconut oil-fried garlic sizzles with the heat of the cayenne pepper. The ginger gives the dish depth and dimension, while providing your body with its amazing anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. The chicken delivers protein and the vegetables offer their many nutrients for you to enjoy. This dish is highly flexible and there are a variety of vegetables that you can use to customize your stir fry. Cabbage, bok choy, and Brussels sprouts can just as easily be added in or used as substitutes. Adjust the garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper as you see fit in order to find the perfect ratio for your taste buds.
Paleo Chicken Stir Fry
Total Time to Make: 55 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast or thigh
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- ½ lb head of broccoli
- ½ lb white mushrooms
- 3-4 green onions
- 4-7 garlic cloves
- 1-2 inches fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Freshly ground whole black pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Sea salt
- Smash and finely dice garlic cloves. Do this step first in order to make sure that the diced garlic sits out for 5-10 minutes before it is added to heat (this will preserve more of garlic’s healing properties).
- Peel ginger root and finely chop it.
- Wash and clean all vegetables. Chop the bell pepper, onion and green onion. Remove the stems from the broccoli and mushrooms; chop.
- Cut the chicken into strips. Season it with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add coconut oil to large skillet or wok and place it over medium heat.
- Add ginger, black pepper and green onions to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic. Cook just until you can begin smelling the garlic.
- Add the chicken strips, stirring well. Cook through.
- Add the remaining vegetables and spices, including the cayenne pepper. Stir well. Cook until the vegetables are just cooked through (about 5 minutes). Alternatively, if you prefer your vegetables more on the raw side, decrease their cooking time.
- Turn off heat and let rest 2-3 minutes before serving.
This stir fry packs enough punch that it can be enjoyed alone as a meal. You can also eat it with a side of cauliflower rice or with a salad of fresh veggies. If you’re on the go, you can prepare it beforehand and take it with you to the school or office; just warm it up for a few minutes when you want to eat and you’re ready to go! You can enjoy this stir fry throughout the day, as a lunch or dinner. The vegetables and spices are flexible enough that you can change things up each time, trying new combinations of seasonings and ingredients that will keep your taste buds on their toes. With a little bit of creativity, your meals can always be exciting!
What makes Paleo Chicken Stir Fry “Paleo?”
You may also enjoy…
Paleo Chicken Breast Recipes
Paleo Fried Chicken
Green Salad with Chicken
Paleo Egg Salad
See more at: