Top website Low Carb Diet Support has but together this tempting recipe for flour-free low carb chocolate biscuits (or cookies in the US)…
This recipe for low-carb, gluten-free chocolate biscuits is completely flourless – basically you just use cocoa powder instead. You just can’t go wrong with that much cocoa!
This recipe is super-simple and takes about 20-25 minutes total to prepare and bake. Carb count is less than 1g net carbs per biscuit.
What sort of cocoa powder should I use?
You will need to get sugar-free, Dutch-processed cocoa powder.
You can also add some sugar-free chocolate chips to the biscuits (if you are not afraid of chocolate overdose!). I use Willie’s Cacao blocks, roughly chopped.
If you are wondering about cocoa and chocolate on a low-carb diet, please have a look at this earlier post – basically, chocolate is not the problem (but added sugar is).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Calories per serving: 75
Fat per serving: 7
- 45g (1.5oz) sugar-free cocoa powder
- 50g (2 oz) Truvia, or similar granular sugar substitute
- 60g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 60g (2oz) cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5
- Mix cream cheese with Truvia and blend until smooth
- Lightly beat the eggs and mix with melted butter and vanilla extract
- Add the egg mixture to cream cheese and mix well until no lumps
- Gently fold in cocoa powder
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Spoon out the mixture into round mounds (they will flatten in the oven)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool completely (biscuits will get more crispy when cool)
Assuming 12 biscuits are made from the amounts listed above, per biscuit: 75 cal, 0.8g net carbs, 7g fat, 3g protein.
If you’d like one or more of your low carb recipes to feature on Low Carb Diet News like this then please contact us using this form!